ADT Security Services – Fast Facts
– ADT is the largest single provider of electronic security services to more than six million commercial, government and residential customers throughout North America.
– ADT’s total security solutions include intrusion detection, fire detection, video surveillance, access control, critical condition monitoring, health and elder care monitoring, electronic article surveillance, radio frequency identification and integrated systems.
– ADT was founded 131 years ago.
ADT Service and Installation:
– ADT installs more than 80 security systems each hour, or more than one a minute.
– ADT has more than 6,000 installers and service technicians nationwide.
ADT helps protect families, businesses and communities:
– In 2004, ADT responded to more than 50,000 crimes in progress.
– ADT interfaces with approximately 38,000 law enforcement, medical and fire agencies across the country.
ADT’s Customer Monitoring Centers:
– ADT has four Customer Monitoring Centers (CMC) strategically located throughout the United States, linked to create one virtual nationwide monitoring platform.
– The CMCs act on more than 29 million alarm signals each year
– 93,000+ alarms daily
– 200,000+ total calls daily (inbound/outbound)
– 8,000+ customer contacts an hour 24/7
– Handle more than 19 million customer calls per year.
– Handle 3.3 customer transactions every second.
– With the virtual capability of ADT’s CMCs, if one monitoring center receives excessive alarm signal traffic or, in a worst-case scenario, becomes nonoperational, all alarm signals can be rerouted to another of ADT’s eight centers.