ADT monitored home security systems are a great way to protect your home. When you install a home security system, though, it's important that you take steps to avoid false alarms. A false alarm can cost you both time and money, and can definitely affect your home security experience. Use these tips to avoid common false alarms.
1. Make sure your system is adjusted to overlook pets (and other small animals for outdoor sensors). You can easily program this on the ADT system.
2. Avoid setting sensors up near fans or sources of heat (like fireplaces or heating vents). These may set off false alarms.
3. Make sure that all members of your family are educated on how to use the system.
4. Regularly test the system to make sure everything is working correctly, and make sure that you replace batteries when necessary.
5. Make sure the alarm company always has your current contact information.